What a party!!
Last week we all got together to celebrate April’s 30th birthday and what a fabulous time we had. It was a 70’s disco theme, complete with ABBA tribute band ABBA Planet.
Magan and Ben were there in their 70’s outfits…but they promise not to wear them for their Wedding Day ….
Choosing your Wedding Dress is a really special moment – and wearing a Wedding dress that you love when you’re marrying the love of your life is the stuff that dreams are made of. It’s easy to be overwhelmed by the choice that’s out there so here are some tips from Magan to help you on your way;
- Don’t be afraid of your body shape – no one’s perfect but there’s a dress out there for everyone. Just because you think a bouffant is best for a pear shape – you should still try on the empire style …even if it’s just to rule it out!
- Underwear – Be sure to wear or take the right undies; strapless or tummy control even spandex, that way you’ll know exactly what the dress will look like on the day.
- Do your research – Browse over a cuppa – you’ll find hundreds of styles just by flicking through magazines and clicking through websites and pinterest. Save or cut out your favourites and then compare them … you might surprise yourself and fancy a lacey mermaid style rather than a slinky silk number.
- Etch-a-Sketch – If you can’t find exactly what you need why not draw a simple outline of the type of dress you’d like?
- Take some shoes – heels or flat …or both… because when the time comes your feet need to feel fit and ready to dance the night away.
- Talk to the assistant – tell them what you like AND what you don’t like about the dress it helps them to help you, after all, they’ve usually looked after hundreds of brides and they know what they have in their stockroom.
- Colour – What’s your favourite colour? Will your bridesmaids wear that? Do you need to co-ordinate with a theme? Is it a white wedding? Or are we talking ivory, cream or blush? The answer is; try them all! If you like a particular style but the shop doesn’t have your colour, they’ll probably be able to order it in for you.
- DON’T FORGET !!! …Take a camera…you’d be surprised how many brides like to go home and “sleep on it” so give your friend(s) the job of taking the photographs – that way you can muse over them at your leisure.
- Enjoy yourself !!! – Make a day of it and make sure your friends and family can join in – preferably with a few snacks and a tipple or two to keep you going.
Well we’re not going to reveal Magan’s choice of Wedding dress today … you’ll have to wait and see … sufficed to say that she looks absolutely beautiful in it and it was an unforgettable moment when she stepped out onto the podium to give everyone a twirl … not a dry eye in the house.