Setting the date
Back in November we proudly announced the engagement of our very own Magan to Ben – thank you for all your messages of congratulations. As some of you already know, they’re tying the knot this year and plans are well underway to make this the Wedding that they’ve always dreamed of. Join us as we follow their journey to the big day….
Buzzing with excitement, we’re looking at the calendar and wondering how long we’ll need to get everything organised…but we don’t want to leave it too long. One question leads to another and another and yet more;
- How far in advance do we need to book the venue?
- Shall we aim for a hot Summer’s day or a cool crisp Winter wonderland?
- Is it best to avoid school holidays or will the family fit their holiday around us?
- Is it out of the question to go for a weekday? Everyone knows that weddings usually happen on a Saturday but nowadays Fridays and Sundays are quite popular too…and a bit cheaper!
A venue with beautiful surroundings was the most important thing for us, and not forgetting the party later, we also wanted somewhere that has a bar in the same room as the dancefloor. We want all our friends and family to be able to dance and drink the night away together. So we started off by checking availability at the places which looked like they could offer great partying facilities as well as a picturesque setting.
We looked at a few, and there are some fantastic places to choose from, but we finally settled on Bagden Hall
– the main reason being that it’s just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside. So even if it rains on the day we’re guaranteed to have beautiful wedding photographs. The grounds at Bagden Hall are magnificent and there’s even a lake with a folly where we can get married outdoors with the spectacular Yorkshire countryside as the backdrop. Inside, the Hall is ornately decorated in keeping with its Victorian heritage and we knew as soon as we saw the dancefloor that we’d found it !!!
At first we thought we wouldn’t need a Wedding car because Bagden Hall have a marriage licence and Magan will stay at the hotel the night before the Wedding Day – but why miss out? We’re thinking it would be a nice idea to have a Candeo Wedding car
there on the day so we can have a spin around the grounds with a glass of champers as soon as we’re married – and that would give us a great photo opportunity.
So that’s the venue sorted for us – now we’d love to hear from you
Are you looking at venues or churches at the moment?
Where have you chosen?
What made you choose your venue?